Reward Community Participation
Table of Content
1 - How to do an Airdrop on Coinvise
Starting from here, you'll have 4 options:
- Repeat past airdrops (ideal for routine operations)
- Send token to a wallet list (Ideal for established communities paying contributors)
- Send tokens via unique link (Ideal for new communities & to bring awareness)
- Airdrop NFTs
Feel free to go directly to the section that you think might make the most sense for your needs.
Option 1 - Repeat Past Airdrops
Option 2 - Send by Unique Link
1. Select the Token you want to Airdrop 2. Write the number of tokens you want to send per recipient.
3. Write the number of max. recipients that can claim the tokens Note: If you decide to send 555 tokens per person to 25 recipients - you'll send 555x25=13875 tokens total.
4. Choose an airdrop title. Try to find a title that makes recipients understand what this airdrop is all about and why they should claim it.
5. Write a description. 6. Click next.
You can select if you want people to match “all” or “any” conditions to claim your tokens.
Note: To claim their tokens, recipients will need a Coinvise account and a crypto wallet.
Option 3: Send to a Wallet List
1. Select the Token you want to Airdrop 2. Choose an airdrop title. Try to find a title that makes recipients understand what this airdrop is all about and why they should claim it. 3. Copy/paste your .csv file with the amount of tokens per recipient. Note: We suggest to create a sheet with 2 column - 1 with the wallet addresses & 1 with the amount per recipient. Export this file as a .csv and copy/paste it here. The format may be “Wallet address, number of token”.
4. Write a description. 5. Click next.
Option 4: Airdropping NFTs
From here, select the NFT collection from which the NFT you want to airdrop is part of. In the example below, we selected the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
Once ready, simply click on the “Next” button, highlighted in red below.
Congrats, your airdrop is on its way 🎉
2 - How can your members their tokens?
On Coinvise, Communities & Creators can reward their members by creating a unique claimable link. If you received one of these links, you might wonder how to claim your tokens.. well, search no more. Here’s how to do it 👇
2.1 - How to claim an Airdrop on Coinvise for the first time?
At Coinvise, we believe that the “claimable airdrops” are the best way for creators to reward community members and for members to show their loyalty and interest by coming and claiming the tokens. At the end of this tutorial, community members will know how to claim an airdrop created by their favorite communities/creators 🤝
2.2 - Claim an Airdrop if you already have a Coinvise account
3 - What can an Airdrop help me achieve?
The Airdrop Tool allows you to:
- Reward your contributors for the work they've put in your project.
- Bring awareness around your project by sending tokens to people in your Network.
- Send tokens to allow members to access token-gated contents.
4 - Things to know before sending your Tokens (doing an Airdrop).
Every time you're going to do an Airdrop, you'll have to pay Gas Fees. Gas Fees are like tips for people securing your transactions. As many people want to do transactions simultaneously, you might have to pay a decent amount of money to validate your transaction. To give you an idea, in September 2021, it cost me $1200 to send my tokens to ~300 people.
If you want to avoid Gas Fees, you can bridge some of your Tokens to a Layer 2 Blockchain, meaning sending your tokens through another blockchain with more transactions/sec capabilities. You can do it using the Bridge tool on Coinvise (from the Dashboard, scroll down and click the "Bridge" button".
You can also take a look at this essay we’ve written regarding Airdrops where we study this token distribution mechanism.
5 - Protein Community and the case for Airdrops
Because we've always understood onboarding the next million individuals in crypto will only be possible through education and seamless user experience, we're building daily new easy-to-use tools and creating content on how to use them.
At Coinvise, we've first developed the most needed tools to grow a community, and developing the "Airdrop" feature has been a no-brainer for us.
Indeed, Airdrop is an essential feature that allows community leaders to create awareness around a new project, grant access to token-gated content or channel, reward early believers of a project, among many other things.
Learn more about how Protein leveraged the Airdrop tool to become a thriving community.